Thursday, June 14, 2007

ISTE RULES

In my Kindergarten classroom I feel I am following some of the guidelines set by the iste. I d have some ability in operating the technology in my classroom and I am learning more all the time. I am fortunate enough to have a computer on my desk at school. There are 5 other computers that my students have access to. The kids in my classroom use the computer for reading skills, math skills and exploration of topics that interest them. When I examine the Educational Standards I see that I am making progress in planning learning experiences that are supported by technology. When considering the 4th standard that addresses assessment, I think giving the Star Early Literacy test meets part of this standard. The two standards I need to work harder at meeting are5 and 6. Sometimes I am not always productive when using technlogy because I haven't used it enough to be fluent. I also have never spent much time thinking about the ethical issues related to technolgy. I assume this class will motivate me to do so!

No comments: