Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The first half of The Blue Nowhere

Because of the assigned reading from Internet & Computer Ethics, I understtod a lot more of the computer terminology in this book. Because it is a thriller, it is very fun reading. I have to say this book has made me much more cynical about the use of the internet. How many people are really using their computer knowledge for good, ethical purposes? Do we really want a society where on the web nobody is what they seem to be. It makes me think the web is just one giant game. A game to get money, power and attention. I don't like any of the characters in this book that are obssesed computers. How can you let yourself live in such a false reality? How can we let our computers be abused to such a degree as parents? Because we're lazy. Letting our kids spent too much time recreational time with technology is just too easy. The first half of The Blue Nowhere has really made me think about the future. I think it's going to turn out like a science fiction movie!

No comments: